English is one of the most important subjects in school. However, for many students who do not have a solid command of the language, it can be a challenging subject to excel in. This problem may be due to an insufficient grasp of chapters and themes, repeated grammatical or spelling errors, poor vocabulary, or inadequate exam preparation. However, obtaining a good language score is vital as it will affect your overall scores.
In this article, we have outlined some of the most important topics for the CBSE class 10th English exam.
Review the Syllabus
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) often modifies the syllabus and question paper structure. Students must be aware of these changes to adequately prepare for the exams. The English syllabus and exam papers are divided into three sections with a total of 80 marks.
The section weightage is as follows:
- Section 1 – Reading Skills: 20 marks
- Section 2 – Writing Skills with Grammar: 20 marks
- Section 3 – Literature Textbooks and Supplementary Reading Skills: 40 marks
The CBSE curriculum for class 10 English includes the following important topics:
- Subject-verb concord
- Use of passive voice
- Reported Speech
- Commands and Requests
The format of diverse writing themes is the most crucial aspect to consider in this area. The following important topics are covered in the class 10 syllabus:
- Writing an informal letter on a situation/descriptive paragraph (person/place/event/diary entry) referring to visual/verbal cue/s.
- Writing a story in words based on a specified blueprint or cue/s.
This part covers all of the subjects covered in the primary literary book, First Flight – Text For Class 10th, as well as Footprints Without Feet – Supplementary Reader For Class X.
Allow plenty of time to read, analyze, and, most importantly, think about the significance of each narrative or poetry. After finishing this, start with solving A Letter to God MCQ CBSE Class 10 English Chapter 1 and then keep covering other chapters MCQs to evaluate your learning.
Concentrate on NCERT
While studying for your English exam, it is critical to focus on NCERT books. The majority of the questions in the literary sections are directly taken from the given textbooks. Little details from the chapters are frequently used to frame the question.
Tips to Prepare for CBSE 10th English Exam
- Review the syllabus and the NCERT Class 10 English books to better comprehend the concepts.
- After finishing the NCERT book, choose the finest reference books for CBSE class 10 English and start reading them to understand more about the topics.
- Solve class 10 English MCQ and sample papers to have a better understanding of the kind and number of questions that will be asked in the exam.
Q1. Is it necessary to solve CBSE Class 10 English sample papers?
Sample papers assist students in understanding how the questions in the CBSE examinations are put up. Students will learn about the arrangement, style, and length of the paper. This allows them to prepare for and practice the appropriate kind of questions.
Q2. How Should I prepare for the CBSE Class 10 Board Exam?
The first step in preparing for your final exam is to look over the CBSE Board Class 10th curriculum. Then read the chapters thoroughly and solve the sample and previous year’s question papers.
Q3. Is NCERT sufficient for preparing for the CBSE Class 10 English Exam?
Yes, many questions in the CBSE Class 10 Term 2 Board Exams are based on NCERT textbooks. You don’t need any other book to prep for the exam.